• Lead poisoning is a type of metal poisoning and a medical condition in humans and other vertebrates caused by increased levels of the heavy metal lead in the body.
  • Lead interferes with a variety of body processes and its toxic to many organs and its tissues including the heart, bones, intestines, kidneys & reproductive and nervous systems. 
  • It interferes with the development of nervous systems and is therefore particularly toxic to children, causing potentially permanent learning and behavior disorders.
  • Present products of exposures- Imported canned foods, Imported jewelry,Some products used om home remedies.
  • Symptoms include- Abdominal pain, confusion, head ache, anemia, irritability, and in sever cases seizure, coma & death. 
  • Lead is stored for long periods in mineralizing tissues such as teeth and bones.
Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.